331, 14th Street | Downtown Denver, Colorado 80202 | Tel: +1 720 932 8900

the easiest way to get information about our programs, schedule, tuition, visa process is to contact us

Study with a B-1 Visa Minimize

    The Business Visa (B-1) allows you to travel to the United States to conduct business or to learn more about your profession.  As a business traveler in the U.S., you are permitted to enroll in training workshops or attend conferences that are related to your work.  You can also register for a part-time business English course at CSE if it does not interfere with your primary activities. You should not apply for the B-1 if you plan to become a full-time student in a college or English language school.  This is a serious immigration violation.  

    To apply for the B-1 Visa you must:

    • Make sure the expiration date on your passport is valid for more than 6 months into the future.
    • Contact the American Embassy and request an appointment for the B-1.
    • Prepare for a possible interview with an embassy official about your visa request.
    • Show the embassy official proof that you can support yourself financially in the U.S. for the duration of your stay.

    If your B-1 application is approved, you will be permitted to travel to the United States on a business visa.  When you arrive at the airport, an immigration officer will interview you again and ask you what you plan to do in the U.S.  If you are doing research for your company or consulting work, make sure that you explain this clearly to the officer.  This information will help him/her decide how much time you will need to complete your activities in the U.S.  In general, if the immigration officer is satisfied with your answers, he/she may approve your entry to the U.S. for up to 3 months.

    During your business visit in the U.S. you may decide that you want to become a full-time student at CSE.  It is very difficult to change status from a B-1 to an F-1 visa (student status) in the U.S.  However, you may still request permission from the Immigration Department if you have strong reasons.  If you would like more information about changing visa status, we recommend that you contact the CSE  international student advisor. 


    the best way to learn english is to live it!

    call us now and start any monday: +1 720 932 8900