Cancellation and Refund Policy
*Please go to GOOGLE TRANSLATE to translate the refund policy below in your language.
If Colorado School of English (CSE) cancels any class, all monies paid by the student will be refunded.
Due to ACCET’s refund policy, students are requested, but not required, to submit written notification of withdrawal as a condition of processing a refund.
In the event that no notice of withdrawal is provided (written or verbal), CSE will automatically administratively withdraw a student after s/he has been absent for a maximum of 30 consecutive calendar days (excluding any scheduled breaks) and complete a refund calculation, processing any refunds to or on behalf of the student.
In the event an agent was involved during the application process and payment of tuition, the refund may be made on behalf of the student to the agent. Students who applied through an agent but paid their own tuition, will receive the same refund listed less any commission fees paid to the agent.
Prorated refunds will be calculated on a weekly basis. Partial attendance during any week will be counted as completion of a whole week provided that the student was present at some point during the scheduled week.
CSE is obligated to make refunds to students who are terminated due to violation of CSE’s written, disciplinary and/or attendance policies or local, state, or federal law.
Prospective students that have their visa application denied will be refunded all monies paid by the student to the school less non-refundable items.
Refund Due Dates:
Students that cancel their enrollment prior to the start of classes will be refunded within 45 calendar days of the first scheduled day of class or the date of cancellation, whichever is earlier.
Students that are enrolled and attending classes will be refunded based on their last date of attendance and within 45 days of the documented date of determination (DOD), which is either the date a written/verbal withdrawal was submitted by the student, the date CSE administratively withdraws the student, or the date a student is terminated by CSE due to attendance, conduct or student progress policy violations.
In the event the student provides advanced notice of withdrawal from classes 45 days or more in advance of their last day of attendance, then any refund due to the student shall be paid within 45 days from the last date of attendance (LDA). In other words, refunds are calculated from the last date of attendance (LDA).
The School Application Fee is non-refundable. ($150.00 - $75.00 - $25.00 depending on the program selected).
The Home Stay Application Fee is non-refundable. ($190.00).
Once books have been received by the student, they are non-refundable (Grammar $60.00 and TOEFL $40.00).
The Express Mailing Fee is non-refundable ($100.00).
*Non-refundable fees cannot exceed a total of $500.00.
Calculation of refund during or before the student’s 1st term (4 weeks) at CSE:
• Cancellation by the student or the institution and no attendance in any classes (non F-1 student):
o Full refund, less non-refundable items
• Cancellation by the student and no attendance in any classes (F-1 students with a new I-20 issued by Colorado School of English):
o Full refund, less non-refundable items and first term tuition (4 weeks)
• Withdrawal by the student during or after the first week of class:
o Full refund, less non-refundable items and first term tuition (4 weeks)
Calculation of refund during the 2nd and subsequent terms:
• Cancellation by the student and no attendance in any classes:
o All tuition for current term refunded
• Cancellation by the student and attendance during part or all of the 1st week only:
o All tuition paid for current term, less one week’s tuition refunded
• Cancellation by the student and attendance during part or all of the 1st and 2nd weeks only:
o All tuition paid for current term, less two week’s tuition refunded
• Cancellation by the student and attendance past the 2nd week:
o No refund
• Cancellation by the student 24 hours or more before scheduled private tutoring session:
o Refund or reschedule
• Cancellation by the student less than 24 hours before scheduled private tutoring session:
o No refund, no rescheduling
Important Note Regarding Registration and Tuition:
• Registration fees are due: at the time an I-20 is created for F1 students or before the start of classes for non F-1 students.
• If the student is already in possession of an F1 visa (e.g. a transfer-in student enrolled at another institute within the United States) and requests to transfer into CSE, tuition and registration must be paid at the time a transfer into CSE is approved for registration of courses. Furthermore, if the student has requested that CSE originate the I-20 on the student’s behalf, registration and applicable mailing fees are due prior to the time of issuance. After the I-20 has been shipped to the student, and once the F1 Visa has been issued, tuition is then due.
• Tuition should be paid prior to commencement of classes.
• A late fee of $100.00 will be assessed for tuition payments overdue by one week or more.
• Students may be expelled without notification, if payments are not made on time and/or if students do not comply with CSE’s attendance, conduct, or student progress policy.
• Please note that expulsion from the school may result in termination of the student’s I-20.
• If you have any concerns regarding payment and/or termination, please contact Colorado School of English immediately.
• The Cancellation and Refund Policy will remain in effect for the duration of the student’s attendance at Colorado School of English.
• The Cancellation and Refund Policy is available upon request.
I certify the information provided above is correct and I confirm my registration to Colorado School of English. I have read and understood the following:
• The Cancellation and Refund Policy
• That Colorado School of English does not offer health care coverage
• That I am responsible for obtaining health insurance
• That health insurance coverage is mandatory for the duration of my studies at CSE
• That if the main purpose of my visit to the USA is to attend CSE, I will have to apply for a student (F-1) visa.
Definitions of key terminology based on ACCET Doc. 31.ESOL
Cancellation: A student who never attends classes at the institution after enrolling and informs the institution in advance.
No Show: A student who never attends class at the institution after enrolling and does not inform the institution. Note that the ACCET policy treats no shows exactly the same as cancellations.
Withdrawal: A student who has attended at least one class at the intuition, but does not complete the program s/he sign up to take.
Termination: A type of withdrawal initiated by the institute due to failure of the student to meet one or more institutional policies.
Date of Determination (DOD): The date: (1) the student gives notice of withdrawal to the institution, (2) the institution administratively withdraws the student, as identified in the description* directly below taken from the ACCET Doc. 31.ESOL, #7, (3) the date the institution terminates the student due to the student’s failure to adhere to the institution’s attendance, conduct, and/or student progress policy
According to ACCET Doc. 31.ESOL, #7 - In the event that no notice of withdrawal (written or verbal) is provided, an institute must automatically administratively withdraw a student after s/he has been absent for a maximum of 30 consecutive days (excluding any schedule breaks of the institution) and complete a refund calculation, processing and refunds to or on behalf of the student.
Last Date of Attendance (LDA): The final date the student attends class.
Period of Financial Obligation: The training period for which a student legally obligated to pay (e.g month, term, or session), which may be less than the total period of enrollment, if tuition is charged in smaller increments, such as by the month, term, and/session. Under no circumstance may a period of financial obligation exceed a 12-month period.